I have three cabinets in my sewing room that were originally bathroom or linen cabinets. Let’s jazz them up with some vinyl to make them look a little more vintage-inspired!

The first cabinet was a wall mounted bathroom cabinet which was supposed to go above a toilet. It can be purchased from Amazon here. I loved that it had drawers!

The Black Bathroom Cabinet

Product image from Amazon.
I was inspired by vintage thread spool drawers and decided to make my own version

Measure each door and drawer and use the free silhouette software to design mockups of the design. I used permanent adhesive vinyl (Orcal 631 in gold and black) cut on my silhouette machine and adhered with grid transfer paper for the exact placement that I wanted. The black is adhered first and the gold is layered over the black. I was inspired by the black and gold art deco graphics from the old Singer Featherweight sewing machines. I’m pretty pleased how they turned out!

The White Bathroom/linen Cabinet

Next up is two old white linen cabinets used for fabric and pattern storage. I’ve had these for several years but I wasn’t a fan of the glass doors since I rarely kept the inside “pretty”. The first step was to make the glass more opaque, like the black cabinet, before I added vinyl. A fantastic product on Amazon which is basically a sheet of static cling was applied to the inside of the door using a squeegee and water. It was really easy!

Applying the static cling privacy film to the inside of the door. The instructions say to make sure the glass is wet for maximum adhesion. Since this is a static cling, it is easy to peel and remove.
It’s hard to tell in this photo but the left glass has the opaque film added and the right side is still clear. It’s much harder to see the black basket behind the glass now.

For the black/gold details, I once again used (Orcal 631 in gold and black) cut on my silhouette machine and adhered with grid transfer paper for the exact placement that I wanted. The black adhered first and the gold was layered over the black. Here are some construction photos of the process.

2nd cabinet finished.

I’m so glad I dressed up these cabinets! I’m thrilled how they turned out!